Today's wedding comes from the lovely Laura Ashbrook Photography who I had the pleasure of meeting when we had dinner in Old Town Alexandria! She really is just a sweet lady and I am just thrilled to be featuring her work today. Also, my 7 month stint of calling Virginia "home" also makes me so in love with this wedding! Virginia had a lot of wine country and we had a blast when we visited a few wineries. I love the setting of this wedding but also all the details that makes this just a beautiful feature! Also, be sure not to miss some tips from the bride! :-)
From the Bride- Once the date and venue were set, the wedding plans snowballed. Breaux introduced me to Laura Ritchie (Events in the City) who specializes in wedding planning. For anyone who is on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, let me just say it is well worth the investment. I opted for partial planning so that I could still handle some of the wedding planning details myself. Laura Ritchie gave me recommendations for everything and took care of the critical day-of coordination, scheduling the vendors and ensuring my day went smoothly. Channeling my inner Martha. I wanted to make a lot of the wedding details myself. I was buried up to my eyeballs in do-it-yourself projects for the wedding. I blame reading one too many bridal magazines. Thankfully, I started months in advance so it kept me from feeling overwhelmed. I didn’t feel stressed (seriously!); I really enjoyed my craft time. In fact, I find it to be a great stress reliever. My apartment, however, was a disaster zone. I had cardstock everywhere! I didn’t eat at my kitchen table for months because glue and tape don't digest well. And I definitely would visit JoAnn's Fabric and Michael's more often than the grocery store. That meant my meals usually consisted of take-out, mooching at my folks’ house, or eating a particle meal of whatever I had in the pantry. I made the wedding invitations, menus, and escort cards. I made the table numbers from empty wine bottles and, with the help of my wonderful mother, I wrapped all the wedding favors. Martha Stewart makes all these DIY projects appear effortless, but don't be fooled. It's a trap! 10 minutes Martha time correlates to 50 minutes Laura Jean time. I think all of these homemade details really helped make my day special.
Photographer: Laura Ashbrook Photography via Two Bright Lights
Caterer: R&R Catering
Event Planner: Events In The City
Floral Designer: JLB Floral
Reception Venue: Breaux Vineyards
Other: Lansdowne Resort
Cake Designer: Victoria's Cakery
DJ: DZ Entertainment
Equipment Rentals: captial party rentals
































My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
Great idea for place cards!
Post a Comment