Now this past week's challenge had to do with thinking of doing something for your man without him having to ask. I definitely tried but his mom is always 10 steps ahead of what her son needs. The qualities of a wonderful mother! Because of that, I didn't really need to do much, but it was on my mind. To get him a koozie for the beach beer or to bring in his fast food trash left in the car. But in light of Mother's Day yesterday, I thought I'd make mention of his mother.
I learned so much from her in how she takes care of her son, my husband. It is without expectation, without demand, just automatic care. Selfless love. Everything she did for my husband this past week only made me aware of the type of woman I want to be for him. Both of his parents did so much and gave so much to us this past week that I am inspired to want to be a part of that support system that my husband can rely on.
I love his parents so much and I feel so lucky, no, blessed, to have them in my life. I get to have two sets of parents!
Anyway, I have no clue how to be the best wife, but if I can push aside my selfishness and focus on love, I may not be wife of the year, but I can strive to be what my husband deserves. :-)
I'm learning that it isn't about being the perfect housewife. It is about doing everything in selflessness. That is the best anyone can ask for.
Do any of you battle with selfishness like me? I can be a pretty selfish person. I will admit it here and now! Tell me I'm not alone!
Now for a tribute to all the crawfish who died last weekend so that my family can have a blast at the Crawfish Festival in downtown Pensacola! This little guy escaped for all of 2 seconds! :-(
Pardon the blurriness from my iphone! My in-laws and husband had a blast eating those little guys! Not me! I had to look away to not cringe from the massacre! They are too cute! This is why I can't eat crab or shrimp or any of these things! You can tell me I'm weird if you like, lol.
This week's challenge will be up soon! :-)









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
Your adorable! But I truly do love your posts about marriage. I hope your ladder gets to you soon as it's nice to hear what us engaged ladies will soon find out once we marry our Mr.
X's + O's, Angelica
Post a Comment