It is difficult enough that many of us live from paycheck to paycheck let alone even be able to comprehend affording the luxuries that our American society as embedded in our minds as a lifestyle we cannot live without. Many of us even go into debt to look okay on the surface, but credit is a dangerous thing. If there is one thing you should never do is to go into credit debt for your wedding.
Yes, you may have dreamed of certain aspects of your wedding, but look down at your hand (if you have an engagement ring) or look into your fiance's eyes. Is not that love that you see in his eyes something you would give everything up in the world to keep forever? The good news is that you have it all already. God has provided you that Love!
And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? - Luke12:28
You may be freaking out about your wedding when you barely scraped enough to pay your student loan last month. However, God loves us so have faith that things will turn out right.
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. - Matthew 6:31-33
Focus on the blessings you have been given leading towards your wedding day. Seek God first. You might find that what you can afford is actually all you have dreamed of for your wedding!
The Prayer
God, I have fears on being able to afford things in my life and I worry that perhaps the day that I will be celebrating one of the greatest gifts I've been given will be cheated because of something as shallow as money. Help me to seek you first and hand my fears over to you. I know you will provide and allow my heart to see just how rich I really am. I trust in you and trust that my wedding day will be amazing.
Have any Bride's Prayer Requests? Submit yours through the Request Form anonymously or comment below!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment