Cheryl also had written a really good post on issues (or pickles!) from her wedding day on the Nina Shoes Blog 17th and Park. I will share some of my favorite quotes she mentioned in that post!
"I had the most amazing, magical wedding ever. The sort of wedding that you dream about as a little girl. . . Now that I've told you how absolutely perfect our Big Day was, you can only imagine how difficult it was for me to come up with my wedding 'do-overs'."
If you can say this about your wedding day, you are in a great spot!
"If you create the rules, you must follow them yourself. And be sure to designate someone to make sure the bride stays on track!"
Such a great tip because a lot of brides think they can handle it all. It is hard to relinquish control but take it from Cheryl, get someone to help!
"I went into full-on bridezilla frenzy (which I had been trying to avoid)."
Cheryl only had a brief bridezilla moment and I think having this moment is okay! I don't think a bride sets out to be a bridezilla, but sometimes everything comes down at once and you just got to have your moment. Have it. People understand! lol.
"Although everything (for the most part) went off without a hitch, I wish I would have relinquished a bit more control to my family and friends or even hired a wedding planner."
I feel like so many brides say this after they get married and didn't hire a planner. I really believe hiring a planner even just for day-of is a must! As Cheryl mentioned, you need someone to keep everything on track.
". . . no amount of wedding planning can ever adequately prepare you for your wedding day. And that's okay . . . just enjoy it!"
Best advice ever.
Thanks so so much to Cheryl for sharing her story and to Alexi Shields for submitting these gorgeous photos!
Read the full article here.
Photography by Alexi Shields Photography
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Floral Designer: DreamMakers
Reception Venue: Sugar Cane Island Bistro
Invitation Designer: Sandstone Wedding Invitations
Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero
Cake Designer: Cakes by Diane
Ceremony Location: Church of Good Sheperd
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Joseph A. Banks
Reception Venue: Sugar Cane Island Bistro
Invitation Designer: Sandstone Wedding Invitations
Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero
Cake Designer: Cakes by Diane
Ceremony Location: Church of Good Sheperd
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Joseph A. Banks











My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
6 comments:
WOW! That truly is great advice there at the end :) This bride is beautiful and that shot of them with the stain glass window is moneyyy <3 it!
Pretty much agree with Katherine's comment 100%.
I heart the last picture where she is holding his tie. Super cute!!
The stained glass is breathtaking! Love these tips as as well :)
Thank you ladies! I am so glad I had the chance to share my AMAZING day and insight with future brides-to-be! I appreciate all of your kind words. :-)
They do have that perfect wedding that I've been dreaming since I was a child. Congratulations to the couples. They also have nice photos. Love it!
Post a Comment