If you are inviting a friend who is single but you are allowing them to bring a date, you should find out the name of the date and send an invite addressed them both.
| Photo by Sarah Parrott via Flickr |
Imagine the awkward convo:
"Oh, I see my name on that invite! How sweet! This must be going somewhere!" - The maybe date.
"Oh man, I was going to invite someone else to go with me to the wedding. Sorry." The fickle friend.
I have to admit. I just wrote "and Guest" for that friend we had who told us a different person every week. Sometimes you just have to break the rules. There are bigger things in life than punishing yourself for fudging a rule.
What do you think? What would you do? Do share!
At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' - Luke 14:17

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
1 comments:
WOW I didn't know the proper thing to do was send out an invite to their date or boyfriend/girlfriend! Well I just put the dates name if i knew it on the same invite!
Post a Comment