Then again, you might be that girl that everyone says, "You look perfect, you don't need to change a thing!" Yet you look in the mirror and find something missing that you want to fix. That glow, that confidence, the lack of fear to be in front of everyone watching you live one of the most important moments of your life. Maybe you are considering a drastic change of yourself.
I just recently caught up on some of my DVR recordings, and yes, I do watch David Tutera's My Fair Wedding! I remember he asked one of his brides if she felt pretty (I don't recall the exact words). She said no and when he asked why, she just responded, "I've always felt this way." That made me sad! Getting married is a time when a woman should feel the most beautiful because she is surrounded by so much love!
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:1-2
Take care of yourself and don't do any harmful remedies or diets that would hinder you. If you are acceptable to God, you should be acceptable to yourself! Don't worry what it is that society deems you should look like. If you need to lose weight, do it to be healthy and do it in healthy manner. If you feel the need to altar your appearance, do it in a way that doesn't alter what God already deemed acceptable (such as nose jobs, boob jobs, etc). Place your heart and mind in God so that you can have the confidence you need because God loves us as we are!
The Prayer:
God, help me to shift my focus on your will and not on things that make me less of a living sacrifice for you. Help me to understand that any improvements of myself are to make me a better version for serving your purpose rather than to fit in with what society deems as perfection. I am acceptable to you. Help me be acceptable to myself.
Have a request for Bride's Prayer? Comment below, on the Wedding Pickle Facebook Page or fill out the anonymous form!
Have a blessed weekend and congrats if you are getting married this weekend! <3









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment