That's not to say I don't LOVE Friday! I get my husband to myself for a couple days even if he can't do anything but study like there is no tomorrow. My Friday is off to a good start. I just got done with class, and am sitting here typing this post having some Starbucks. Then I'm going to head off to buy some new workout clothes (much needed) and meet with a new friend for lunch! How are you spending your Friday?
Well, this week I did have a few wonderful things and moments to be thankful for. Here are my 5 Things this week:
Study Blue
I mentioned last week that I have started a class in Personal Training and I realized that there is sooo much for me to memorize. I didn't want to start the whole write out all these flash cards and carry them everywhere so I googled online flashcards and what came up was this awesome program/app called Study Blue. Seriously, it is the best because I can carry my flashcards, notes, and slides on my phone and study everywhere I go. If you are a student, I recommend you check out Study Blue! It is a life saver and a good way to go green. :-)
Workout Chart
I started an 8 week program this week to train for a 10k. Along with that I made a chart of the miles to run and the workouts to do each day and set them up so that I would check them off as I go. Somehow seeing the visual of the marks and/or non-marked boxes keeps me motivated. It was kind of that boost I needed knowing that I am training for a goal other than just to lose weight.
"I'm running to your arms"
I began running in the mornings this week. One, because I know races start in the morning and I want to get my body used to getting ready for a run early. I also chose to begin running mornings because soon this state of Florida is going to start getting warmer and more humid. I began running last fall so I have never experienced the run in the heat. I figure I should make a habit of getting up at sun-up to prep for possibly doing 5:30am runs this summer. I hate waking up so early, but it seriously is like no other feeling to run in the morning and listen to songs of worship. Somehow God gives me so much life that now I am slowly becoming a fan of morning runs.
In that run listening to Pandora, I discovered a new band, One Sonic Society. Their song "Forever Reign" played and as I was running and listening to it, I nearly cried as I ran. It had been a while that I had felt such a movement of God's Love move through me. . . "I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms, the riches of your Love will always be enough. . ."
GOD'S STORY your story
Ever since God spoke to me, telling me what to do. I began to really focus on who God is and to keep my heart planted there. I went to the library and checked out Max Lucado's book, God's Story, Your Story, (not a sponsored link) and reading a chapter everyday from it is really becoming one of those feel good moments!
Pugly Pixel
Last but not least, one of my goals this year is to become more proficient with Photoshop so I can do prettier things with the images I post on the blog. I have become a fan of Pugly Pixel, where there are free tutorials and downloads. I did a tutorial this week that left me all giddy! You will see tomorrow what I mean. This will be why the cake picture of the week will be tomorrow instead of a part of my 5 things post. I'm starting a new series just on the inspiration of wedding cake! How amazing is that! So be sure to check in tomorrow to see a pretty cake and my latest photoshop endeavor!
I was horrible with pictures this week and didn't get a picture of my pug baby, Mila. So instead I'll do a flash back picture of when she was a baby. . .
Oh man! My heart leaps out of my chest! She had to be like 12 or 13 weeks old there (about a year ago)! I really miss when Mila was a pup but I still find her to be the cutest thing I ever did see!
Wondering what has happened to Bride's Prayer? That post will be up tonight! Until then, share with me your five things this week! What things or moments this week are you thankful for? Share below in the comments or join me on Wedding Pickle's Facebook Page where I like to stalk the newsfeeds! ;-)
~ Melina



My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
1 comments:
I LOVE the song Forever Reign. One of my favorite worship songs for sure! And that is the cutest puppy picture ever!!!
Post a Comment