I have been feeling truly blessed that my husband now finally has some time to squeeze fitness into his schedule again. We have been going to the gym together and encouraging each other for our different workout plans and fitness goals.
Before this I felt so alone in my workouts and it really was just a way for me to have something to do as if fitness is my job. (The life of an unemployed wife with no kids!) But now that we are in this together, I feel as though we are a team! Together to fight and defeat idleness and fat! Lol.
This brings me to this week's Marriage Monday topic in that I have realized that it is so important for you and your spouse or future spouse. It is so nice to have something where you can say, "It's kinda our thing."
How important is it to have couple time? Even more so, to have something you do together that you do with no one else. It is such a great way to learn about each other, to spend time together and to have that time that you are focused on each other.
Now, I'm not talking date night. That is a whole different thing. That is getting dressed up to impress and woo each other like the beginning of the relationship to bring up those cute giddy feelings. A chance to escape together. No, this is just as important. Doing something together is what keeps couples into each other. I truly believe that! How important that is!
You don't have to work out together to have something you do together. Walk the dog together, read to the kids together, grocery shop, watch The Voice, do anything that fits in your lifestyle that is a part of your routine and better yet, done together!
What will you be doing together? What do you already do together?

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment