The Pickle: I printed my own invitations using a boxed set from the store. It was really cute!
Well, I didn't buy enough. . .I had to go back to the store only to find that they no longer made that design. So about 30 invites went out a totally different style.
The pic shows my regular invite with an R.S.V.P. card in the different style just to show the difference.
The Solution: Always order extra. I had 150, I needed about 180. I thought, "Surely, we aren't inviting more than 300 people if each invite averages about 2 people right?" Wrong. I assumed a number before jumping in.
Take these steps
1. Hone down the guest list until you know that is ALL you want to invite and that you have cut all you can cut.
2. Figure out how many households you will be sending invites to in order to find your lovely number of invites.
3. Order or buy your invites adding 25 more ONLY after you have a definite number.
You need extras, even if you think you got your definite number. You will get some returned to you or someone may say they can't come, so you can send one to your "B" list. Or, you'll get your elders who everyone knows can't come, but they just want an invite anyway. Hey, you may need more than 25!








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment