I got two examples to share:
Unique gift I liked- My aunt got me this abstract feeling, colorful chalice that when I first opened it I thought wow this is so cool! I never would have thought to ask for it. At first I worried how I would use it. Now, since my husband is a candy addict, we have it out in the living room all the time with candy in it. Even better, I have something that makes me think of my lovely aunt and how grateful I am for her love.
Unique gift I didn't- You ever see those tv shows where the guy buys a girl a star and she melts? Not in this case. Someone bought us a star and I was less than thrilled. I felt horrible because a) I didn't like it and b) that frame of the certificate was not going to be on any wall in my home. In fact right now it sits on a shelf in my coat closet extending the shelf space for the boxes sitting on top of it. :-( It is sweet to go thoughtful and I appreciate the thought but a gift card and cash for the amount it takes to buy a star would have gone to better use. Oh well. (Now I feel bad writing this article. Thank goodness it was from a person I do not know.)
What are some unique gifts you have received from your showers, parties and/or your wedding? Do you have any ideas of unique gifts that don't end up being a waste of money and effort?
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God - Ephesians 2:8

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
3 comments:
Lovely thoughts-
Haha! I would be on the same page as you. For our wedding we got a customized name sign using pictures of letters from the place we used to live when Kyle was in school. It was by far our favorite gift and held so much meaning. We actually just went to a wedding where we made something similar for the couple and even knowing how much we love ours, I was SO nervous to stray from a registry gift. I think of course it is safest to stick to the registry. But I am so glad to have gotten something so thoughtful and just for us. I think if it is practical and or custom to the couple it is probably okay. A star- not so much.
Great post! We received a beautiful handmade ceramic vase that's just lovely.
Post a Comment