It goes to not making a decision without consulting the other, sharing your belongings, combining your household as one, etc.
You don't want to co-habitate. You aren't going to be roommates. You don't want to ask permission. You aren't each other's parents. Everything needs to be done in partnership. By sharing. By acting as one.
No more, it's my money because I earned it mentality. No more I bought this because I wanted it even though you didn't. No more It's your mess, you pick it up. No more, I don't know it's not my problem. You will live as one.
. . .‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. . . - Matthew 19:5-6
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. - Philippians 2:4
Know that there is an engagement period for a reason. Practice making decisions together, doing things together. This means not saying, "It's my wedding because I'm the bride!" Instead, practice by saying, "It's OUR wedding."
The Prayer
For too long I have relied on myself but now as I enter into marriage, I know that my future husband and I will rely on each other. God, guide me to the attitude of partnership, of seeing his needs and views before my own so that we may work together as a team through life.
Check out the tab above for more Bride's Prayer and to submit your own requests for future Bride's Prayer topics.

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment