Then thinking about my own groom, it was like pulling teeth to get his opinion. As far as he knew, he didn't need to do anything as long as I was happy. Yeah he stepped in with his parents when invites were going too far and yes he had an opinion on wearing his uniform (which caused us to move our date) and on who would be his groomsman and ushers. (Can I just add my little bit of bragging that I knew certain guys weren't to be trusted! He didn't listen to me and the guy I told him couldn't be a groomsman and ended up being an usher, ended up not showing up to the wedding with no warning! Haha, told you so hon!)
I figure it is either the guy who is hands off, whatever goes. Or it is the guy who shares an opinion and is involved in the planning and details.
What category does your groom fall into? What does he do or not do that you wish he would do or not do? What is the one thing you would be so happy about if he helped you with it and nothing else? Tell me I wasn't the only frustrated bride! Share your stories about your groom's involvement! :-)
For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. - Philippians 2:13

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
4 comments:
My groom has been SO involved since Day 1 of the planning process. We've made just about every single decision together (with the exception of my and the bridesmaids' attire!). He's really big into photography, videography and music (all three are related to his job) so he actually had MANY opinions on those vendors. It's great that he's been so involved but I have to say -- as a girl who's had an image of this day in her mind for many, many years... it can make it a little tough at times when we he doesn't agree on something I always assumed would be a part of my wedding day. How selfish of me, right?! I guess tough compromises are very good practice for marriage! ;)
I didn't even think how annoying it could be if the groom did nix an idea you dreamed of! I guess that is one benefit of a hands-off groom! lol. You make a good point that the compromises from wedding planning is practice for marriage. I always tell my engaged friends that the engagement period is so important because it does set a dynamic for the marriage! My hubs is hands-off guy, and being in the military, not being home all the time,I'm glad I got to learn how to make decisions without him!
my now husband wasnt really in to the whole planning thing - he was like, please, just give me a job (haha) so he ended up being in charge of transportation and music. it worked out fine :)
It just might be the photography but recently I have seen a lot of my brides let the groom choose the photographer and let them handle all the details when when making decisions about the photography. It is a nice change of pace.
Post a Comment