Here is what Jonathon had to say about Becky and Eric:
Becky & Eric are not just any couple. They both sacrificed their first year of marriage (or longer) to serve our country. Knowing that Eric would ship to Iraq shortly after their wedding and not knowing when he would return was difficult, but they were excited and eager to marry and be strong despite their time apart. We are honored and proud to have shot their wedding.
Becky had a few mishaps from her big day to share and how she handled them:
1) I overslept. My alarm didn't go off and I woke up when I should have been leaving the house to for my hair & makeup lady to start work. Luckily the car was already packed with everything I'd needed to get ready so I ran out of the house still in pajamas and made it just on time. I'd been up late the night before working on last minute wedding things. I think the best solution would be to make sure the day before your wedding is relaxing as much as possible.
2) We got the kegs for our wedding from Yazoo. My dad showed up with my grandma to pick them up but no one was there (they're not normally open on Saturday). My caterer had made the arrangements with Yazoo so we didn't have contact info. After a couple calls to me, Dad tried opening one of the back doors and set off the fire alarm. The fire department showed up along with the owner. Apparently the fire department was used to the alarm getting triggered accidentally and Dad got the kegs.
3) When I finally made it down the aisle I realized the individual unity candles for the ceremony hadn't been lit. With hand gestures we were able to get my Dad's attention in time to get a lighter and he lit them right before we were supposed to use them to light the big candle together.
4) I'd missed lunch and breakfast so by the time we got to pictures after the ceremony I was starving. My bridesmaid saved the day by getting a snack plate from the caterer and feeding me a bit between pictures. Get an awesome caterer who's willing to go with the flow (or pack the bride a snack)!
That's it for mishaps and they were all pretty easy to fix. My best advice is to find people to work with who you really trust. Most of my vendors were great and I was able to trust them to make decisions without me to keep things running. The guys at Houston Station were fantastic about working with everyone and being flexible. My caterers (Smoke et al) also did a lot of little extra things that were in line with my theme and how I wanted the event to feel that really made things nice. I also recommend reading the contracts carefully and making sure there are dates and times listed for all your services.
Congratulations to Becky and Eric! Many thanks to Becky for sharing her tips with us and to Jonathon for submitting this wedding! :-)
God Bless our Military!
Photographer: Jonathon Campbell Photography
Caterer: Smoke Et Al
Floral Designer: Mayflowers Nashville
Reception Venue: Houston Station
Dress Store: The White Room
Cake Designer: Papa C Pies
Lighting: Nashville Event Lighting
Linens and Coverings: Southern Events Party Rental
Makeup Artist: Jennifer Bowman Makeup
Submitted via Two Bright Lights



























My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
3 comments:
I love the colors in this!!!
Very sweet! Love the car shots!
Those pies from Papa C Pies look awesome!!! Had cake at my wedding, but wish I had thought of pie for mine! Great photos!!!
Post a Comment