The Groom? Yea, but... The Marriage? Getting warmer..... God? Ding Ding Ding!
You might find yourself lost in your wedding planning and finding your inner bridezilla making an appearance every so often. (I believe we all have at least a bit of bridezilla in us) You might find yourself snapping at people. "Firing" people from tasks because they messed up your simple request, the list can go on and on.
![]() |
| {source} |
If that is you, the solution is to change your thinking. "How am I making this wedding about God and His blessing of Love He has given me?" God is Love and your marriage should be a reflection of that gift.
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. - 1 John 4:16
You want to enjoy your wedding planning, spending this excited time with your fiance and your family and friends who love you and are excited for you. Weddings bring family together and allow old friends to catch up. There is supposed to be so much joy and not anger and resentment. If you want to change that, seek God and make it about Him. Celebrate the blessing He has given you.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. - Matthew 6:33
The Prayer:
God, I selfishly put myself first throughout this process of planning my wedding, but I wish to put You first so that I may find peace and actually enjoy this wonderful gift of love you have given me in the form of my future husband. How wonderful is Your Love for me, I am blessed to get to celebrate that in my future marriage. It is you I seek. You loved me first allowing me to love others. Please bring me the calmness I need to let my frustrations go and to praise you for your gifts!
Don't forget to "Like" Wedding Pickle on Facebook!


My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
2 comments:
Beautiful!
I was actually thinking about this the other day! I think that it can be easy to forget that a wedding is a spiritual commitment, before anything else. While I can understand how stress may take its toll on brides, I think yours is a good reminder that this day should be a celebration that brings out the BEST in you and your relationship with both God and your future husband.
Post a Comment