I actually had a vendor who didn't have a website and only operated by word of mouth. Honestly, I don't know how word of mouth worked for this one because the service was horrible. (Have you read about my cake? Ugh) The way I see it, if a business can't bother with a website, I worry if they can't bother with me. Red flag. I still operate like that to this day when looking for a salon, or a doctor, or a pet groomer, etc. I am a sucker for pictures and "About Me" pages! I need that person to person connection before investing my time in meeting and money in service!
If I saw this cake in a portfolio on a website, I'd be happy to pick up the phone to set up a meeting about making my cake!
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
1 comments:
I agree that websites are so crucial nowadays in pulling brides in. That's how they're either going to find you or going to decide to book you. But I know some vendors just haven't put much into their sites, and I think that's okay only if their attentiveness and customer service shine elsewhere (like in early communications, follow-up's to questions, etc). But the website is just easier for both the bride and the vendor!
Post a Comment