Discussion this week is about these Best Women and Men of Honor out there! Are you doing this or do you know someone doing this in their bridal party? Also, are there issues you have to deal with, like the parents not agreeing to it since it is non-traditional? Are you traditional and prefer guys on the groom's side and girl's on the bride's side no matter what? Let's talk!
The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. - Psalm 145:8-9
Don't forget to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
3 comments:
I've certainly seen a lot of broken traditions this year. This is by far one of my favorites, mostly because it allows for a unique showcase of individuals during introductions.
Since it would already be awkward to bring in guy-guy pairings, I can bring them in individually or different from how they are paired at the ceremony. I read custom bio narratives, and combined it becomes a great way to set a tone for the rest of the night (that it's going to be FUN!).
Thus far, I've not encountered anyone that disagrees with the role changes, and many find it quirky and unique. In smaller weddings, there's very little surprise because of the friendship among all involved.
I'm DEFINITELY more traditional in the sense that I would never have men stand on my side...but I've toyed with the idea. I've had some WONDERFUL male friends, and many of them were my BEST friends. I want to honor them on my wedding day.
However, if I were asked to stand up for one of my male friends, I'd be THRILLED. Especially if they gave me the choice to wear that AMAZING outfit pictured above!
Jason, you make a great point in that if it is an intimate wedding, everyone knows everyone and would be more okay with what the couple does!
Casse, I love that outfit she is wearing too! So trendy!
Post a Comment