To be honest, the handouts just feel like an extra step that I don't need to be taking and I'm trying to get simplified in my life so that I don't lose the joy in the things I do. (Morbid comment but I'd rather speak with openness and honesty) As I try to find my place in this world, I stumble upon truths that I must embrace and apply to my life. I will likely be posting a personal/announcement post tomorrow about the direction I want to take this blog as it grows in readership!
Now on to talking about marriage!
1. What are your thoughts on the example of a noble woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31?
This is definitely one of my fave passages on the role a woman plays as wife in her marriage and her family. I especially love the verses 11-12 that tells how the husband and wife both have a role to support each other.
Her husband has full confidence in herMy other fave verse from this passage is one that I want on display at all times to remind myself of the kind of woman I want to always be for my husband. It is funny because just before even doing this study, I first found that verse on Pinterest:
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
2. What is the difference between choosing to marry based on character and choosing to marry based on emotion?
The easiest example I can think of is if I married my husband based on emotion, when my husband and I had that giddy new love, we would've gotten married years ago. But I look at my life and I'm thinking I would have been 19 and taking on a responsibility that I wasn't ready for. We got married when our character was more mature. We cried through things, laughed through things and still loved the adults we became.
3. What are some things you think a person should know about the person they want to marry to be considered as knowing them well?
I felt like I knew my husband, then boyfriend, really well but you don't know how a person really is in certain situations until it comes to it. When my grandma was in the hospital dying, I was probably very irritable, angry, sad, and boring. I was so comforted by how my husband was in dealing with me. He was patient and supportive. I had never seen this side of him. The situation was not ideal but it did help me know more about him.
4. List some differences you and your fiance have that you should discuss and workout before getting married?
I think the obvious ones are practicing faith, raising children, handling finances, and career ambitions. If thoughts aren't aligned or at least at an agreement, it could definitely bring big problems in the future.
5. Take a moment and make a list of what you want in a spouse.
I actually had a list written before I even met my husband. I'll spare the long list, but will leave this with a thought. No matter what, I knew I'd only marry a man who could provide for me, protect me, and support me. :-) That and he must be a man who can lead his family and be a positive role model.
6. Write down your reaction to the section "Young people need experience with life and people before they make a choice"
I am a big supporter for this one because we all change and grow as we come to different experiences in life. My husband and I at 17 and 19 was completely different to who we were at 23 and 25 when we finally got married. In the 6 and a half years we were together before getting married, we grew a lot and fell in love with who we became. After all that, we had no doubts at all when it came to joining our lives together!
Go ahead share your thoughts! I'd love to hear what you think and what you learned! You can comment below or take it to the Wedding Pickle Facebook Page wall!
Next week will be an off week for the study but will pick it up again with a discussion for Week 5- Loving One Another on January 2nd. Don't miss it!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment