The Pickle: You changed your wedding date and invitations have already been sent out.
The Solution: First, you will take care of the steps to take from last week's post so that you can have your new date and new locations if they needed to be changed. Now you got to get the word out. Sending out a whole new invite is costly and more time wasted. Time is crucial since your out of town guests may have already put money into attending your wedding. The sooner they know about the change the better. I would let people know in anyway you can, a phone call, email, Facebook, in person, whatever you can get your hands on for all your guests.
A fun idea for doing this is to maybe have a calling party, gather your bridesmaids for a team attack on the task and you will help relieve your stress and have your girls around to help you with the burden especially if you have a large guest list.
Now you don't want this to be a crazy free for all. This is a formal event so think about using these outlets of contact carefully. Talk to your girls about what to say for the phone call. Use evites like ourwedvite.com so that you can send a beautiful email of the changes. Don't forget to request a reply so that you know the recipient received the email. When it comes to Facebook or talking to someone in person, I would keep that between your closest of friends. I'm sure your sister won't care if you told her over Facebook that your wedding date has changed. She will probably be glad you told her right away. However, your Aunt, while she may have a Facebook, I would find it more formal to go the phone call/email route.
Now what about those friends of the parents and family that you don't know too well? You probably can send them an update via mail using the card template idea I discussed in the last date change post. You'd still be sending out updates and paying for stamps but you save money in cutting the list of who to send it to.
To me, the actual invitation you sent is enough for etiquette pushers. If anyone really has a problem with whatever option you choose to update your wedding info, then they are probably not someone who would be going to your wedding for the right reasons. However, if you are really concerned about formality and etiquette and you have it in your budget and time, you can definitely send out something similar to a Save the Date that announces your new info! I'm definitely not against that option. I just know that I wasn't fortunate to have that kind of cushion in my budget to allow for emergencies. It definitely can be a memento of your crazy wedding planning days to save for a scrapbook!








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment