I was a hostess at cracker barrel & he came in almost every night with his dad. He was so shy and would barely look at me. I thought he was the cutest guy I had ever seen and I looked forward to seeing him each shift I worked. I would get pretty bummed if he didn't come in. For about 6 months, he would come in and not say a word. I did have a feeling that he was secretly into me too. One night he came in with 2 friends instead of his dad. One of the friends came up to me and started asking for my phone number. As I was leaving, Phillip ran up to me in the parking lot and said "I'm the one who wants your number." I gave him my number and I also gave the friend my number.
Phillip said he was upset that I gave my number to the friend at the time but I didn't know that in the moment. The only reason I gave the friend my number was to learn more about Phillip. On the way home, the friend called and I immediately started asking questions about Phillip. The friend got aggravated hung up and called Phillip and told him that I was clearly into him and not the friend. Phillip called me the next day and the rest is history. I was 17 and he was 18. That was January 21, 2003.
He proposed on October 23, 2009. His dad owns a machine shop downtown Savannah and he does a lot of work for the local businesses. There is a boat that takes you along the Savannah River and serves a really nice buffet. Phillip told me that his dad was given tickets for doing some extra work and his family was going out for dinner. He also said that he had two extra tickets so he invited my parents. So, we all met downtown and had a really nice dinner.
After dinner, we went to the top deck to look at the view of Savannah. He pulled out a letter in his pocket and began reading it to me. It was a letter I wrote him when we first met telling him how I felt about him. At first, I didn't recognize the letter and thought he had wrote it to tell me how he felt. At the end, he showed it to me. I could not believe he had kept it all these years. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I said Yes!
{The Pickles} I was pretty prepared for my big day so everything went pretty smooth. The worst thing that happened was the sand gnats. They were TERRIBLE. We kept blowing our faces during the ceremony because they were getting in our eyes. Our photographer said they were surrounding us in a lot of the pictures. Also, we had doves released when we kissed. Right before the kiss, the doves start fighting and making this terrible noise. All of us were holding in our laughter. I also woke up with pink eye-thank god for an amazing photographer with great editing skills.
How appropriate to catch these two "love birds" flying in the air! And does that very first picture not make Ashley look like an angel? Congratulations to you Ashley and Phillip!
Photography by Misty DeBlasio Photography
Submitted via Two Bright Lights






















My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






3 comments:
I love to hear how my family met. My daughter was in the wedding, and being there first hand, it was an amazing wedding. They all worked very hard getting the items together and making it special. THe photos were great as well.
Ashley has been in our lives for over 7 years and we cherrish each one of them. When Philip came into her life, some of us, knew he was THE ONE from the begining. So very happy they have started their lives together. (and now have a baby on the way!)
Love her dress! So flattering!
I love this wedding! They did such an amazing job with everything!
Post a Comment