Well, I got bored, as one would be without internet so I typed up this dialogue post inspired by a friend’s recent wedding with incident. On my Mcdonald’s wifi trip I decided I can quickly get this post copied and pasted for today! This is the first post I’ve written since I moved to Florida so it feels so good to write again!
P.S. Can you believe that the nearest Starbucks to me is 30 minutes away and that there is no Panera nearby at all so that I have to camp out at Mcdonald’s? I feel like a loser hanging out there when the place is hopping with teenie boppers while I am seriously trying to get work done! I miss Starbucks! I miss internet! lol.
Okay, now on to the dialogue. In a nutshell, the best man brought his uninvited girlfriend to the wedding, she was asked to leave by the bride’s mom, thus making the best man decide to leave his best friend’s reception. I now worry how it will affect their friendship now that this happened.
My thought was, why wasn’t the bridal party if not the best man and maid of honor allowed to bring a date? Wouldn’t that be the courteous thing to do considering all that they do for the wedding? Spouses of guests are usually invited, I understand it can be a rule that not everyone can bring a date if not married, but can it be or should it be okay to allow the bridal party to bring dates? I thought this would make a great discussion topic!
I actually allowed my bridal party and my special out of state guests to bring a date. I know decisions can be made based on etiquette, on budget or just plain what feels right. I understand that circumstances are always different.
So, what are your views on this? What are you doing or what did you do for your wedding in regards to dates for your bridal party?
One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. . . – Psalm 27:4








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
First- I can not believe you have to hang out at McDonald's! I thought I lived in a terribly tiny town with no place to hang out but even we have a Starbucks!
Second- I can NOT believe that someone would ask a guest to leave, uninvited or not. Especially if it is the Best Man's date. That is tacky. At that point, one more guest isn't going to hurt anything and they should have made it really clear if they didn't want dates. I understand with budgets and things, dates can be hard but if you really can't afford those extra guests you need to explicitly say something. I also think the bridal party and out of towners should definitely get that privilege, as you mentioned, they have done a lot to be a part of your wedding!
Post a Comment