My husband and I probably knew eachother around 8 years ago but didn't start dating until Valentine's Day of 2005 when he was a junior in highschool in Oklahoma and I was a freshman in college in Indiana.
We first met online when AIM was popular. To this day we aren't sure how he got my screenname, but since he was friends with my sister, I assume he got it from her somehow. We talked off an on for awhile until I went to college out of state at Indiana University. It wasn't until then that through AIM, phone calls and texts that we fell in love 15 hours away from each other.
Fast forward to 2009, after I transferred to Oklahoma State to be with him we were together, ups and downs for 4 years when we actually took a 3 month break. (A super down time in our relationship) Having been teenagers when we fell in love, we were becoming adults and had to adjust. I only tell that info because it sets up our engagement story.
He went away the summer after our break for Marine Officer Candidate School for two months. In that time our future was uncertain, but we fell in love again over phone calls and texts on his liberty on the weekends and over letters. This time we fell in love as adults. Long distance just works for us I guess!
In September of 2009, he proposed. It was hard because I was still insecure in our relationship, still scared that we would break up. He was so nervous to propose and didn't know how he would do it, (though he tells me he had the ring for 2 years!) Basically the set up was making me think he was going to break up with me! When he says, "I don't think I can be your boyfriend anymore" what would you think? Especially after our shaky break just months before!
I cried until he went down on one knee in front of the Sonic building stage in downtown Oklahoma City. Then I continued crying, but happy tears! (Confused? Read the detailed proposal at my website, it's good) Oh, I probably should mention that the pictures above are a re-enactment and people applauded! So cool!
Photography by Piperbella Photography































My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! You two are SO cute!!
Love it! A great story :)
I agree with Alicia. You're SUPER cute. :) Thanks for sharing your story with us! Great shoot!
Post a Comment