Hi guys! Colleen here from Soundtrack To I Do. I’m so happy to be guest posting for Melina, I’ve been a fan of the Wedding Pickle for some time now. One of the things that I love about Melina and her blog is her dedication to and openness about her faith. So I wanted to tie that in with the focus of my blog – music!
I may be biased, but I happen to think that music is one of the most important details on your wedding day. It sets the mood and it says a lot about the bride and groom (whether they want it to or not!) Something to consider for Christian couples (and non-Christian too!) is song lyrics and whether the songs played are appropriate for your guests and/or fit you as a couple. Especially when it comes to the reception music, because a lot of dance songs these days have some pretty scandalous lyrics. You can always give your DJ a no-play list, but if you are especially worried about it, you may want to give him or her a yes-play list (not that you would actually call it that – but you know what I mean.) Create a list of songs that represent you both as a couple, or at least don’t misrepresent you. I wanted to offer up some great songs that you may want to use on your wedding day, if you’re interested. First, a few sweet love songs by Christian artists in case you need inspiration for a first dance or ceremony song. And secondly, a list of great dance tunes that have clean lyrics but are also great for getting people out on the dance floor! (They also span the last few decades – so you can cater to the younger and older crowds!) Hope you like them!
![]() |
| {Laffler Photography} |
Christian Songs
Dancing In The Minefield – Andrew Peterson
When I Say I Do – Matthew West
God Gave Me You – Dave Barnes
Hold You Up – Matthew West
Amen – Dave Barnes
They Danced Alone – Matthew West
He Was Walking Her Home – Mark Schultz
Wouldn’t Change A Thing – Matthew West
On A Night Like This – Dave Barnes
When Love Comes Home – Matthew West
Do You Love Me – The Contours
Don’t Stop Believin‘ – Journey
She-Wolf – Shakira
Twist And Shout – The Beatles
DJ Got Us Falling In Love – Usher
Livin‘ On A Prayer – BonJovi
Celebration – Kool & The Gang
Put A Ring On It – Beyonce
Hey Ya! – Outkast
Shout – The Isley Brothers
Smooth Criminal – Michael Jackson
I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
Dancing Queen – ABBA
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Great Balls Of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis
Vogue – Madonna
Firework – Katy Perry
Sweet Home Alabama – LynyrdSkynyrd
I Want You Back – The Jackson Five
Beat It – Michael Jackson
Boom Boom Pow – Black Eyed Peas
ChaCha Slide – DJ Casper
Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera
Now That We Found Love – Heavy D and the Boyz
Dynamite – Taio Cruz
We Are Family – Sister Sledge
Holiday – Madonna
Crazy In Love – Beyonce
Old Time Rock & Roll – Bob Segar
1999 – Prince
Only Girl In The World – Rihanna
Footloose – Kenny Loggins
Forever – Chris Brown
Thriller – Michael Jackson
Paper Planes – M.I.A.
Last Dance – Donna Summer
Say Hey (I Love You) – Michael Franti & Spearhead










My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






2 comments:
lovely post. Full of great advice too!
xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette
When God Made You by Newsong is another one of my favorites! :)
Post a Comment