That fear can be from past relationships, from past events that have left you scarred, or from just plain fear and worry. Your question of breaking up can be a legitimate concern to address or it can be cold feet. Either way, it can't hurt to turn to God.
Pray to God about what is in your heart. Now here is the hard part. He wouldn't bluntly tell you but He will tell you. You have to be still. Just listen. In this busy life full of intrusions from technology, that is the hardest thing but it is the only way to get that guidance you need.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. . . Psalm 37:7
It is the hardest thing to wait, but you can't make a drastic decision in life without the patience to wait on the Lord.
You have to be willing to listen and act on what you have heard. I always tell myself that I will not doubt but rather I will walk through the doors God opens and accept the doors God closes. Even if I do not understand.
Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.” - John 8:47
Allow your heart to be of God so that you can hear his words. God speaks to us in many ways. Making the decision to end your engagement and every major life changing decision in life is best made with the guidance of God.
The Prayer:
God, I sit here weighing the pros and cons of what I should do in my relationship when it should be You and not a list that guides me. Help me to be still and open my heart to You so that I am able to really hear You. The decision to get married or not is a big one and I cannot do it without You.








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment