You can make a gift registry to please those people or you may stand your ground and only have a charity registry. (Of course people may still send you gifts anyway) If it is something you believe in, especially as a couple, you should do whatever in your heart feels right without feeling bad. It is right for the children of God to help our brothers and sisters in need.
The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped. - Proverbs 11:25
Know that by maintaining a giving heart, God will back you!
'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' - Matthew 25:40
Go ahead and make that charity registry, pray about it and let everyone know how important it is to you if they supported your charity choice.
The Prayer
God, I know in my heart that the choice to give to charity rather than receive gifts is what I want to do and that in doing so I will be working as your servant. Give me the strength to stand up for my choice, to handle the conversations with my family on the choice with grace and to accept that the gift that someone insists on giving to me is from their heart and their way of giving to others by giving to me. Help me to feel honored rather than to feel bad if someone does give me tangible gifts.
Have a Bride's Prayer Request? I welcome you to fill out the request form anonymously or leave a comment.








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment