I don't think it is rude to make them pay if you are up front about it and are considerate to the costs by not selecting the most expensive dress, allowing flexibility on shoes for bargain shopping and to shop around for the best tux rental costs. I myself don't even mind if I was a bridesmaid to pay for my own dress and shoes as long as the bride was reasonable.
I love this option of letting the bridesmaid find their own dresses within a color shade. Gives them room to bargain shop.
So what do you think? Is it rude to make them pay for their own garments when they already have to front the costs on parties, cost of travel, and gifts for you? Do you think it is necessary in today's economy and with many brides on tight budgets? What are you doing about your bridal party? Let's discuss!
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. - Proverbs 16:9
Don't forget to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook and carry the discussion there!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment