Usually, on a typical day or evening, this is what you would see: he on his recliner and me on the couch, laptops open, tv on and not engaged in each other. I started to feel consumed in technology. In the past couple weeks I broke away to recharge my brain for creativity and inspiration. I soon realized that sitting on the couch with nothing taking my attention actually made me pay attention to my husband. I would make comments on what we were watching, he'd share a story and I listened without having Pinterest open to distract me. Tell me I'm not the only one who would passively listen while scrolling away at the latest pins!
Starting today I am working on a plan to block my time into segments of what is important to me and then allow myself to be free for the evening. Working out, blogging, and cleaning/picking up/organizing the house are my main general focus areas and they will make up what I will call my "work hours" during the day. I feel like if I don't overwhelm myself with any one thing, even if I love it, that I won't get burnt out.
Once I've completed my tasks for the day, my attention will be for my husband and my pug! It is so important to not neglect our relationship with our man because monotony can be a dangerous habit. I don't want us to just be together, but to be engaged in each other!
Any of you feel like you need to prioritize your time? Do you feel like technology is consuming you? Do you have any tips for me or anyone else in this situation? Definitely share in the comments below or take it to the Wedding Pickle Facebook page!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
3 comments:
You are so smart Melina! This is a great idea. It is so important to have time every day to give your family undivided attention. This is something I am always working on, and it is not the easiest thing to do with two jobs + blogging! But I'm working it out. :)
Great post! <3
Oh my goodness! I've just recently been thinking of doing the same in order to free up my evenings. It feels like way too often technology seems to consume my life and I'm spending way too much on the computer.
I recently started blogging and feel like I'm starting to become overwhelmed by the constant connection to social media sites. I need a break just like you! You have a great idea here.
Post a Comment