Of course if you are fortunate to have people help you, it can be fun and make for some fun girl's nights. So what I want to know in this week's dialogue is how much DIY projects are you doing? How many hours have you put in to those projects? Is it worth it? Or are you one who isn't doing any DIY for your wedding? Stumped on what projects are worth it or not? Check out this post from Every Last Detail: To DIY or Not to DIY? Let's talk!
We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. - 1 John 4:13








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






6 comments:
I think DIY projects are definitely worth it, but it's important to be realistic. If you don't have a lot of time to set aside for projects, maybe choose one or two small things that are simple but will still add a touch of personality to your day. It's never worth it to cause yourself unnecessary stress when planning your wedding. This season will fly by, so enjoy it!
You make a good point to limit the number of projects! I felt like when I was a bride I got so excited with too many DIY project ideas that it overwhelmed me, I didn't have help and ended up not having any of them (except for my programs)
DIY Projects are SO worth it! It feels amazing to have a piece of you, your friends, or family in every part of your wedding. DIY also makes your wedding unique. It also feels fabulous when people compliment your wedding stuff, and you can beam, knowing you made it. Yes, I spent probably 40 hours making 16 christmas ornament pomander, and my mom probably spent just as much on our christmas ornament bouquets, but that only made me love both of those projects more.
I kinda felt that doing the projects helped to prolong the wedding planning process ... it made you feel like a constant part of it, not just on the weekend of!
Oh wow, I totally posted about this today for Thursday Tips!!!! I swear I wrote it last night lol! Great minds think alike! ;)
Bree- you are so right about beaming when people compliment things from your wedding. Especially if you make it yourself! DIY really is great for the bride and family to feel a part of the process. Well said!
Lauren- How funny! What great tips you share! I'm going to link to it in the post! It compliments so well! :-)
I think the dialogue on this topic is much needed, especially with DIY creeping into every blog and magazine lately. Great post - here and on ELD!
Post a Comment