My guest posters have helped me a ton so that while I sit without internet for another week, I am able to type up a few posts to publish here and there. This week will feel a little normal even though I’m still not in my full blogging zone yet. I have another guest for you on Friday so stay tuned for that!
There is something about a high heel that makes a girl feel sexy and feminine right? It must be the way it shapes the leg and the way it affects the posture. However, before you go out and buy that 5 inch heeled shoe, there are a few issues to consider.
The Pickle: A stiletto can snag on a runner or your dress and rip it, catch or get stuck on the ground if grass, pebbles or stones, can cause you to slip or roll your ankle as dance or walk down stairs, and give you the ever dreaded blisters.
The Solution: Don’t you worry, I’m definitely not going to try to discourage you from your dream shoe! Lord knows I am a stiletto fan. I just want to be sure you thought of all the issues before hand so that your stiletto doesn’t turn out to be a regretted purchase. It will be your wedding shoe after all! Gotta make it work!
Snagging on Dress- This is where it will come in handy to have the shoe before the dress to walk in it at the bridal store. However, sometimes the shoe has to come after the dress to match its style perfectly if it is not going to be a basic style shoe. When you look at dresses pay attention to the fabric at the bottom and inside the dress. What can hang down, how can things be altered so that nothing will catch? If anything, do not go into your first fitting without your actual shoe so that the hem of the dress can be altered perfectly.
Stuck in the Ground- It always makes sense to take your venue into account when you purchase your dream shoe. If it is going to be grassy or pebbly, walking on the balls of your feet is an easy fix. Practice walking that way down the aisle at your rehearsal so that your dad or escort can gage the speed he or she will need to walk with you. Or, have the stiletto for pictures and a different flatter or wider heeled shoe like a wedge for going down the aisle, especially if the shoe isn’t seen under the dress. As for a runner, make sure it is secure and smooth. Definitely have it out for the rehearsal.
Slipping and Rolling- Practice makes perfect, right? If you aren’t used to walking in heels you will need to practices so that you don’t end up slipping. It can be a whole art when it comes to walking in heels. Wear them at home so they won’t get dirty and wear them all the time, not only will it train you how to walk in them, you will also break in the shoe so that it is more comfortable.
Blisters- Breaking the shoe in may help your feet get used to the shoe and where it will rub. But hours of wearing them at once is a whole different story. You can certainly get those shoe padding inserts but don’t be afraid to justify a cute flat or fancy flip flop purchase. ;-) Towards the end of the night when everyone kicks off their shoes, you can have a nice bridal substitute instead of going barefoot. Unless you like being barefoot! lol.
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 1:6








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






3 comments:
I am a shorty so I totally went for a taller heel. I think breaking them in by walking around the house (often times with my pj's on) was key.
I bought a pair of Soul Mates for myself and my maids as well as foot petals. The Soul Mates were a life saver and kept those heels out of the grass!
Nothing as sexy as a stiletto! Great advice on wearing them too .. .
Post a Comment