I am so excited to be sharing the 3rd interview in the Wedding Resource Interview Series. In cased you missed it, we started with an awesome learning tool, I Do University/D-Tales, a really cool new business that allows brides to have top designs at their wedding without breaking the bank by rentals with SomethingBorrowed NY and today I have another website to share with you! Confessions of a ThriftyBride! I’ll let the founding team tell you about their site. :-)
1. First and foremost, tell us a bit about yourself and what your site is about.
We are the three creators of Confessions of a Thrifty Bride, a website geared towards brides on a budget. Our website is a social network where brides can make profiles and post deals they come across during their planning process. They have the ability to chat with other brides and post pictures and videos of their wedding. We have a wedding classifieds page where brides can buy or sell weddings gowns, accessories or even services. Articles are posted regularly that provides brides with tips and advice that can help them save money.
2. What is the inspiration behind the creation of the site?
Two out of the three of us are married. When planning our own weddings, we came across a ton of wedding websites and blogs that were great to browse but found none really met our needs as brides on a budget. What really helped us was talking to girl friends or cousins that were getting married that year and getting their advice on vendors and pricing. It was a huge relief knowing that others were using (or used) a particular vendor at the same great price. It was then we began to think of ways we could use our own experiences to help brides in the same position.
3. What is your favorite feature of your site?
Jess - My favourite part of the website is the "Something Old" wedding classifieds. I have an odd obsession with wedding gowns and accessories and I love having the ability to browse through pictures of designer gowns at a fraction of the cost. It's like a designer treasure hunt!
Kim - My absolute favorite feature of our website are the articles we post weekly. Researching and writing content really helps to sharpen our skills and become familiar with what’s current in the bridal industry. We are constantly connecting with fabulous vendors that share our belief that a wedding can be tasteful AND affordable, so we frequently feature them as contributing writers.
Cynthia – My fav part of our site is the Thrifty Bride network. I am able to add other brides as friends so we can share photos and videos of wedding ideas. I really like how brides can easily chat with one another so they can ask questions or get some guidance on planning. Vendors also have profiles under the Thrifty Bride Network with useful information about their services and if they are online you can chat about pricing and service details. The network is all about keeping brides and vendors connected so you can find the best deals to suit your budget.
4. What is your favorite source for finding wedding inspiration? Which type of inspiration is your favorite? (fashion, decor, wedding photography shots, etc.)
Jess - I'm at that age where a lot of friends and family are getting married, so I enjoy seeing their personal taste shine through on their wedding day. I also find inspiration by flipping through bridal magazines and browsing bridal websites which is what I hope our website can be for brides who want to plan an amazing wedding without breaking the bank.
Kim- All of the above! When it comes to weddings, I'm inspired by all things feminine - whether it's fashion or design or current events. I especially love to plan around one particular theme.
Cyn- What really inspires my wedding ideas are movies and trends. From celebrity to royal weddings, I think they have a huge impact on what brides will be doing that season.
5. What is your favorite thing about weddings?
Jess - Honestly, my favourite thing about a wedding is the celebration of love. I know it sounds cheesy, but when the bride walks down the aisle I always look at the groom. Their face is priceless! Oh, and the dress of course...
Kim - The honeymoon:) The wedding 'day' is all about you...and your bridal party...and your parents...and all your guests. It can amazingly fun, but exhausting as well. It's during the 'down time' of the honeymoon that a couple is truly able to celebrate their union, starting by lounging on a white sandy beach with a yummy daquiri in hand - side by side, of course:)
Cyn- My absolute favourite part about weddings has to be the wedding ceremony. That moment after the bridal party enters the church and everyone is waiting to see how stunning the bride looks, and the style of wedding gown she is donning. What I like to do is see the expression on the grooms face as he sees her for the first time, it’s priceless.
6. What is your one piece of advice to brides?
Jess - My advice to brides is to have fun with the planning process. Don't get wrapped up in everyone elses opinions and trust your instincts. Shop around! If you allow yourself enough time you don't have to be pressured in to making budget-breaking decisions.
Kim - I have 3 pieces of advice (and I speak from experience). 1. Request and compare quotations from at least 3 Vendors. 2. Savor your reception meal, and 3. Splurge and hire a wedding coordinator for the 'day of'...more fun, less stress:)
Cyn - Do what you want! Find a way to add your signature to your wedding. What I did that really reflected my everyday personality was after my first dance I changed into white Adidas sneakers with blue laces. It was something small but everyone loved it!
Now get on over to {Confessions} of a Thrifty Bride and become a part of the network with other brides! Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter too! :-)










My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment