Stacy Stumpf is my husband and my full name is Leslie Gilmore. (A couple years ago we created an alter ego couple/ family for a crazy Christmas photo which we call the Gilumpfs. We dressed our dogs up as Santa and elf and Rudolph and we wore crazy Christmas sweaters. So, if you see Gilumpf references in the wedding pictures that is where that comes from.)
I met Stacy because I needed to rent out a room in my house. The co-owner of the house forwarded an email from the Biology Dept here at NAU regarding a returning graduate student who needed a room. I was returning to school myself so an older student was kind of the roommate dynamic I was looking for. As it turns out it was total serendipity. (It was my ex-boyfriend who forwarded the email and helped me meet my future husband in a very fitting turn of events.)
I don't think either one of us were looking for a relationship, but we had so much in common from our taste in music to our love of food and the outdoors as well as a shared love of the midwest. (He's from Columbus and I went to school in Bloomington, IN.) I had two dogs at the time and he bonded with them in a very genuine way. This would have been a deal-breaker for me since my dogs are a big part of my life.
Being roommates and developing a crush is without a doubt a very awkward way to start dating. However, in the end it gave us the time to really develop a friendship and forced a respectful distance at the point in a relationship where often people are rushing in with the feeling of new love. I'm sometimes a little bashful about how it started because it seems a little strange. I can honestly say that neither one of us was looking to find romantic love with a roommate, but we can't really argue with the happiness that came our way!
As far as "pickles" go I have to say that the only one we really had was with the hotel room. I reserved a room at the historic Hotel Weatherford here in downtown Flagstaff. I spoke with hotel staff at least twice (and actually as recently as the previous day) about needing an early check in time in order to get ready in the room. We were planning a first look and multiple photos downtown so it made sense to have a home base right downtown. When I got to the hotel after having my hair done I was informed that my room was not ready. In this situation (i.e. you are a bride very obviously getting ready for your wedding) you can usually get the issue fixed pretty quickly. I was polite but firm that I had called multiple times and been assured that getting in the room would be no problem. I'm not the bridezilla type, but nobody knew that and they quickly got the room turned over in order to avoid that possibility! Everything worked out and we got our photos as planned.
Photography: Melissa Dunstan Photography submitted via Two Bright Lights
Hair Stylist: Tirzah Salon
Caterer: Thornager's Catering
Reception Venue: Foxboro Ranch
Dress Designer: Nicole Miller
Jewelry: Will Mcnabb
Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!






























My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






4 comments:
I missed part one so I will head over and look, but WOW! Her gown is amazing, and the navy sweater is too too cute. The details of this wedding are so cool, and that sunset! Gorgeous :)
I am also a Columbus native now living in Arizona for grad school (but at ASU)! We looked at getting married at Foxboro Ranch Estates! Stunning location! Love the pics! Congratulations!
Love the music details! Especially the sign about music in chocolate because those are two of my favorite things!!
I like that miniature on the top of the cake. Love,love, :D
Post a Comment