These days wedding photography packages include an engagement session or a bridal session or both with your wedding day photography. Of course when it comes to budget it seems logical to drop the extras in a package and only get day of photography.
You may be debating on the topic because you see everyone else having engagement shoots and/or bridals and you may be wondering if you should do the same in case you might regret not doing it. If it comes to budget then it is an option to drop the extras. But consider the pros and cons first.
The Pickle: You can't decide if it is worth paying for a package that includes engagements and/or bridals with your wedding day photography.
The Solution: I will help you see the pros and cons that you may or may not have thought of.
Pros - Getting to know your photographer's style, having practice ahead of time with your photographer so that you will be more at ease on your wedding day, having more pictures of your love to add to an album and always have for years to come, having your dress immortalized by the bridal pictures so that while it hides in your closet preserved or not, it gets seen in pictures in your home by everyone! Also, the photos can be used on your save the dates and for decor on your wedding day and/or showers. You can also use the engagements to display your personality or story of your love with things that mean something to you both.
Cons - Adds to the cost of your photography package if you don't want it or care to have it, umm, not sure I can add much else!
Okay, I have to admit that I really am biased because when it comes to an investment in your wedding and memories, photos are something you shouldn't skimp on. You don't have to get bridals on your package because those can easily be taken on your wedding day if the timeline is planned carefully, but the engagements, well when you are older and looking back on your love, capturing the time of being engaged is just priceless. I understand budget is important so talk with your photographer on what parts of a package can be removed or customized to bring down the price.
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. - Psalm 27:13
Be sure to like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
I actually skipped doing an engagement session, because they hadn't really appealed to me at the time. This was before I started blogging weddings and discovered how amazing they could be with the right photographer! Before then, I had always thought they were a little bit too cheesy-prom/graduation style photos, you know? Knowing how amazing an e-shoot could be, I do look back and regret not doing one.
Post a Comment