Here is a bit of an update on that. I did actually go to the Catholic Church near my home and I had to go alone. I felt like a huge fish out of water. I'm used to the live band, singing songs of worship and hearing sermons in a casual setting. I'm so not used to the Catholic Church as reading from this book of every word said, the kneeling, am I supposed to do something with that holy water at the door? While it was not my scene and I felt very robotic in it all, I am still going to give it an effort. I did still get something out of the message in the Priest's homily. No matter the church setting, if we are open to listen, God will speak. I'm hoping as this Sunday rolls around, with the tougher tests out of the way that the hubs will go with me. Since he is Catholic, I'll feel less awkward. It did help that the church was BEAUTIFUL! Kind of that feeling of an old Spanish monastery but new. If that makes any sense. I'll take a picture next time. :-)
So when I was doing my Marriage Preparation and Improvement Bible Study, the topic covered was on learning to love by our actions for the well being of the other person. The gist of it was talking about how we act a certain way when we are first falling in love, trying to impress the other, to woo them, to make them smile. But then many couples fall into a non-romantic routine after getting married. The whole thing got me thinking about my marriage status today.
When we lived in Virginia, we had date night every Saturday night and I always wore make-up and got dressed and ready as if I would be seen by people. We still have date night, but the effort on my side is slacking. We will still go out for a random frozen yogurt trip, or stop by the Red Box so that we can cuddle and watch a movie. Or he'll surprise me with a trip to Academy for a new stability ball, lol. All that is mostly because he likes to spoil me rotten. Seems he's better with the whole pursuing me thing than I am of him.
I'm horrible these days. I don't cook.
Like.
Ever.
I don't wear make-up. I don't do my hair. I don't dress up. I stay in workout clothes or pajamas all day. I'd say it is safe to say that I've let myself go. Well, minus the fact that I still work on my fitness. Better than my hubs coming home to me sitting on the couch with a bag of chips in one hand and a beer in the other right? haha!
![]() |
| Me on any given day. *Gasp* |
The 14 Day Love Challenge that I have started on the blog came at a perfect time. I read the study and I was like,"Awesome, I'm hittin the booster button on me pursuing my husband!" We must always be in a state of pursuit, making an effort like we did when we were first falling in love, spending time together so that we can grow together and not drift apart. (This will probably be harder for when the time comes for deployment, but I'll worry about that when it gets here)
Won't you join me in pursuing our men and not stopping just because we got the ring? Tomorrow starts Day 7, but feel free to start now if you haven't. Even just a few days of being conscious on how we show acts of love is enough to keep love alive!
![]() |
| Me and the hubs flirting on our e-shoot. <3 <3 |
I feel so blessed to be able to have a space where I can share my journey as a newlywed striving to thrive in Christ! A marriage cannot fail where Christ is present! Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook so that we can chat! Or shoot me an email, weddingpickle@gmail.com!
(Above photo by Piperbella Photography)










My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
This is such a cute post. I love how much your blog focuses on having a Godly marriage. And good luck finding a church home, I know it can be hard sometimes! I was raised Catholic, but it really didn't fit for me - but everyone's different! It's really just about connecting with God and having the support of community, wherever you are.
Post a Comment