I announced on Sunday a new schedule for Wedding Pickle, only to find a new awakening as the week went on. I started this blog with a vision and pursued it. While I am loving it, something is missing. Yesterday, it donned on me that it needed a center. Before I explain what I mean, you must know something about me.
I am a Christian. What this means, is that while I am far from perfect, I strive to live a Christ-Like, Christ-Centered life. One of the biggest things I learned from 2010 was that happiness isn't enough. 2010 was probably the happiest year of my life and yet I lacked the feeling of purpose which brought me down when I should have been happy. I prayed and sought God for that purpose. My relationship with God grew last year where I learned that EVERYTHING I do needs to glorify God.
Once a week, I feature scripture from the Bible about love to remind us of what matters in the midst of the chaos wedding planning can bring. Love is the reason we get married and at the core of who God is. Once a week is not enough. You will see that in this change.
I started this blog, and got consumed in it. It's time to put God in the center of it. And, speaking of center, God needs to be in the center of a marriage for it to succeed.
God calls us to do things as a part of His plan for us. I feel this blog as my calling to reach out to a community of former Brides and Brides-to-Be. With so much attention to the wedding day, we don't want to forget what matters; the years of marriage after that day. So many marriages end in divorce. If God is the center, that simply will not happen! Here is to happy wedding planning and a prosperous marriage!
So, it is my hope that you learn and get inspired by what I have to share in this blog for YOU! I want to do this to help make your wedding plans easier, to help you be prepared and to help keep you centered with what really matters in life and in your future marriage!
Look at this before pic of what Wedding Pickle looks like now because in the next few days the changes will slowly pop in.
Happy Friday and God Bless!



My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment