Here is the video for this week's study. I also have a link below that allows you to watch the full video and download questions.
Once Upon a Marriage: Never Satisfied
I love this study and I watch the series every so often to keep myself in check with my marriage. Essentially the study focuses on how in order to have a happy marriage you have to find THE ONE.
We are taught in society that if we find THE ONE, that we have found unending love and that we should get married and live happily ever after. But if that is our focus, we will never be happy. Probably why there are way too many divorces! I took notes from this video and share it with you.
3 Problems when you believe marriage is the answer to happiness
1. You compromise more than you should. Compromising who you are for the sake of solving problems in your marriage only makes you not who your spouse married and it won't make you happy.
2. You become demanding We raise our expectations of each other and our marriage becomes a contract. You do this for me and I’ll do this for you. Because I did this for you, you have to do this for me. We bargain like doing a business transaction.
3. You will always end up dissatisfied Both you and your spouse are only human. You can't be all things for all people. Don't expect that from your spouse. Don’t expect your spouse to be the one to meet all of your needs, because they will let you down.
We think that if we make the money, get the big house, the new car, have the big family that we will be fulfilled.
What is missing?
prayer, seeking God, faith, spiritual connection
Don’t make your marriage based on what you want from each other.
We have been conditioned to believe that to really be fulfilled in life, we have to find THE ONE.
You found your love, but don’t say, I have found THE ONE. Say, I have met THE TWO!
God must always be your one and spouse your two.
In that case to really be fulfilled in life, you do have to find THE ONE!
Don’t set your marriage for failure and disappointment. Seek THE ONE and you will have a satisfying marriage.

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment