For me it wasn't so much calling them Mom and Dad that was weird, it was the fact that I never really called them anything before. I never had to address them by name let alone Mom and Dad! I don't even call my own parents Mom and Dad. (Momma and Daddy is what I use for my parents!). It is still a work in progress for me. Heck, I'm still trying to accept that my maiden name is not mine anymore!
This subject had me wondering what you are dealing with. Are you calling your in-laws Mom and Dad already? Or is it still weird for you as it is for me? Or have your in-laws not even invited you to call them that?
Tell me I'm not the only one who goes to writing an email thinking, "Do I say Mom?" Share your thoughts!
Find more at Wedding Pickle's Facebook Page!
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." - John 6:29

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
7 comments:
I have been thinking about this recently. I have never had to address my in-laws so I don't really know what to call them. They haven't really told me to call them mom and dad and I haven't really asked (they aren't really forward people to say for me to call them that either). It's a weird limbo where I just hope I don't have to address them! The Mr's sister's hub calls them Mrs. Angela and Mr. Tony (southern boy) so I can't even echo what others are doing, lol! Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds it weird!
It is a weird limbo! I like that term for it! Lol!
My future in-laws have never asked me to call them anything and if they said I could call them Mom and Dad, I would probably give them a crazy look. They are Mark and Tammy. While they may be my future in-laws, they are not my parents. I already have a Mom and Dad.
I keep telling my new daughter-in-law to pick what she wants to call me becuse I know she doesn't want to call me mom - she already has a mom. I want her to feel comfy with the name she calls me. I'll like whatever she likes, as long as it's not "the devil" or something like that! ;-)
Who should choose the name?
Right now she doesn't call me anything. I wonder what she'd say if I was in the path of an oncoming train - hey lady get out of the way? Well, I hope she'd want me to get out of the way LOL.
Ummmm I call them by their names...and my parents called their in laws by their names and all my friends call their in-laws by their names. I would never consider calling any one but my Mom & Dad....Mom & Dad.
I call my in-laws by their first names, like I always had while we were dating. It was too weird to change it once we were married. Although, my father-in-law does call me "daughter" quite often, which I don't mind at all, and today he said since he calls me daughter I should be able to call him dad. Haha. I just don't know...
I call my in-laws by their first names - it never occurred to me to call them Mom and Dad.
Post a Comment