Of course there is always the ability to walk down the aisle with a man who has been a father figure like a step dad, to walk with your brother, or a friend who was like your brother, or even walk with your mother.
However, I want to emphasize that we all have a heavenly father who is with us at all times. That even if you walk down the aisle by yourself, you aren't alone.
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16
We can always count on God to be there even when those we count on on this Earth may not be there. You may be hurt by the father who renounces you or saddened by the father who you love dearly and cannot physically be around any longer, but with God you never have to be hurt or sad.
. . . for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5
. . . for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5
The Prayer:
God, I am so thankful to be able to call you Father. You are enough to be the one to give me strength. Help me to focus on what I do have and who I am blessed by rather then what I have lost and been hurt by. I pray that my earthly father is with you (in his heart/in heaven). While the situation I am in makes me sad, I know you are there.
Have a Bride's Prayer Request? I welcome you to fill out the request form anonymously or comment below.
Have a Bride's Prayer Request? I welcome you to fill out the request form anonymously or comment below.

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
2 comments:
My dad passed away when I was a kid, and while I have a stepfather, I decided that I wanted my brother to walk me down the aisle. I also have several friends who have chosen to walk down the aisle by themselves! I think that as time goes on, more and more brides are doing what feels right to them above all else, rather than bending over backwards in order to stick with tradition. I like it! :)
Thanks for having this post. I can relate on what you stated above since my father just died for almost 17 years already. And since my wedding is already coming. I would be glad to walk the isle alone 'cause I know in my heart that the real father is always with us walking through our happiness.
Post a Comment