Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Part Thirteen looks at
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
2. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
3. to believe, desire, or trust
How might we see this in our relationship and marriage?
- When one of you is suffering an illness, the other of keeps the hope that it will get better
- If your relationship hits a rough patch and one wants to give up, the other never gives up the hope that the issue will be worked out.
- Working towards and always believing that you'll both get to live in your dream home someday
- Believing that he will return from deployment to hold you in his arms
I remember after dating for four years, my husband (then boyfriend) and I had a time where we were on a break. It was really tough and very emotional of a time and while he worried what our future would hold, I kept believing in us and that we would get through it. I have to tell you, a lot of times I believed that I was losing hope but I never gave up. It would have been easier to give up but I loved him. Good thing I held on since we did end up getting married! That experience taught me a lot about my own strength and it also helped us learn more about each other which was necessary for us to feel ready for marriage someday. :-)
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love Always Hopes? Do share!
I remember after dating for four years, my husband (then boyfriend) and I had a time where we were on a break. It was really tough and very emotional of a time and while he worried what our future would hold, I kept believing in us and that we would get through it. I have to tell you, a lot of times I believed that I was losing hope but I never gave up. It would have been easier to give up but I loved him. Good thing I held on since we did end up getting married! That experience taught me a lot about my own strength and it also helped us learn more about each other which was necessary for us to feel ready for marriage someday. :-)
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love Always Hopes? Do share!
Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!


My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment