I warn you that these bible study discussion posts will be pretty long and I hope you might want to pick and choose which answers to your questions you'd like to share and/or comment on my answers and on others comments! Feel free to read some and come back later if you can't read and interact here in one sitting! Oh and don't forget to come back later to get the download the handout for Week 2!
1. When there are troubles in your relationship, who do you typically go to for advice and/or reassurance?
This one is important for my relationship with my husband because from the very beginning we agreed that if we were arguing or having troubles that we wouldn't share it with anyone because in both our former relationships outside influence from the well intended actually affected the relationship for the worse. No one else is in the relationship so they couldn't really give the best advice without being really that informed. Of course, this is something we still maintain. However, I still have a habit of blabbing to my sister, which my husband does get mad at me about! (Whoo! Long answer! Maybe I should have given you all more lines on the study! lol)
2. Describe a time when you confided to someone and it caused more trouble in your relationship?
It probably was more when my hubs and I were dating (4 years in I believe) and we were on shaky ground. He actually confided our relationship to a friend who did advise him to break up with me. We ended up going on a break for a couple months. :-/ Of course God had his own plans cuz we did get back together and got engaged a few months later!
3. What are the reasons why we should turn to and trust God as THE authority?
Because He created marriage and His wisdom is superior to our own.
4. What are some ways that we can keep our focus off of material possessions?
We can read from the Bible everyday to be reminded of God's way. We can also volunteer to keep ourselves grounded and donate as much as we can to help others.
5. What are the results of seeking God first and serving Him?
We stay on path to fulfill His plan for us. We end up bringing God's influence into the lives of our children, and build a foundation for a strong marriage which will save us from failure in marriage.
6. Why is it important for your family to worship God together?
Because serving God is the be the priority but God made man and woman to be companions, therefore we are to worship together.
7. What spiritual topics do you want to cover together as a couple in your growth with God?
My husband and I definitely need to work more on prayer together and our biggest topic of interest is rearing up our children
8. What are the things you wish to pray about for your relationship? What are the things you wish to pray about for each other?
I always pray for my husband and I to always have patience and understanding. Not only for the everyday but to also make it a strong quality for when we need it most, like when he deploys. I also pray that doing bible study together would become a priority. Even if he does work a lot and comes home and sleeps! lol I pray for him to always have strength, he always gets tested and it blows my mind when he comes out of the test the Marines try on him stronger. Then I have to throw in a prayer for myself. I always pray for strength as well. I am terrified for when the time of deployment comes and I have no idea how to handle that. Except to turn to God of course :-)
9. Write out a prayer plan for the week where you and your fiance pray together and pray separate for each other.
I plan to pray every morning when I wake. I am horrible at actually making dinner and having us both sit at the table. So I also plan for us to have dinner together at the table (I better actually get to cooking!) And for us each to say a prayer and of thanks before we dig in.
10. What roles do you believe a husband should play in a marriage? What roles do you think a wife should play in a marriage?
I always fell a husband should be the protector, the provider and the spiritual leader (I think of the song Lead Me by Sanctus Real) I feel that my role as wife is to be the caretaker and the supporter.
11. Take the time to discuss and write out your expectations for raising children together and how you will encourage their walk with God together.
This was something we always argued about before we got married. He being Catholic and I was Baptist, we both wanted to take our children to different churches. But as my mindset has shifted to a non-denominational Christian, I have learned that it isnt about me and what church I like best. It is about God and our worship of him. Especially among other Christians. God is still the same God. So now we have both decided that we will raise our children in the Catholic Church. Children is so far in our minds but we do agree to raise our kids to know God.
12. Pick you favorite scripture mentioned in this study and display it in your home.
Hard to pick one! I bet you felt the same! I have to go with
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. - Deuteronomy 6:6-9
Can you tell this was my inspiration for the question? It really is important to surround ourselves in scripture everywhere we are!
I can't wait to what you have to share from this week's study! Like I said before, comment below, comment on Wedding Pickle's Facebook Page and keep checking in to see what others have said!
Oh and don't forget to get your copy of the study for next week which I will have posted for you later today!

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment