Just last weekend, I had the honor of attending the wedding of a Blue Angels Pilot and it was such a cute wedding. In fact it was short and sweet. Almost too short! (maybe like 15 min at most?)
The essentials of a ceremony were there but what was missing were readings. I suddenly realized that maybe it isn't necessary to read off the couple's favorite passages from the bible or favorite quotes from a famous work of literature. I'm sure people noticed, but certainly nobody complained! That much faster to the food and drinks right? lol.
So, I'm thinking, if you are stressing yourself out about readings or if your fiance is getting frustrated because you are forcing him to pick a couple, maybe it wouldn't hurt to let it go or only do a few (within the rules of course, I had no choice in the number of readings). But for non-traditional weddings, or non-denominational weddings, perhaps this is an option!
In all honesty, I could have done with just one passage of scripture and a quote from literature (former English teacher here!) and be good. When it comes down to picking scripture and quotes, I find that sometimes just one is enough to represent the moment.
Tell me what you think? Did you ever think to cut them out of the ceremony? Can you not imagine your ceremony without them? Do you feel like you might have too many or not enough right now? Do share!
Leave a comment or carry it on over to the Wedding Pickle Facebook Page!
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. - Colossians 3:23-24

My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment