So, lets discuss! Are you keeping yours on or taking it off after the ceremony? Do you really want it on for photo purposes or do you want it on because of tradition?
Do you want to take it off for practicality? Are you switching from a long to a short veil? Let's talk veil plans! Comment below or take the conversation to Wedding Pickle's Facebook page!
How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from the hills of Gilead. - Song of Solomon 4:1








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






4 comments:
I was just talking about this yesterday on my Facebook page too ~ it's hard to know when the right time to take it off is. My veil was very long so it was a bit of a faff trying to eat my dinner! ;)
I imagine it would be! lol, especially if outdoors with lots of wind!
I am wearing a veil only to the ceremony. I'm not even a huge fan of veils but my mom and grandmother seemed crushed that I didn't want to wear one. So I tried one on just to appease them. I ended up feeling much more like a "bride" and decided I could live with it, especially since it made them so happy. After the ceremony though, the veil is coming off and a trendy little flower pin is going in.
I was never really sure I would wear a veil until I tried one one while trying on my dress...it just didn't feel like "me," and it was an easy decision not to wear one. That, and a hair flower ended up being perfect for my destination wedding. I didn't have to worry about my veil blowing around in my face while on the beach, either! I think it should be a personal decision for the bride, for the most part though. I've heard some say that they didn't feel like a bride until they put on the veil...where as I felt like I was playing "dress up" when I put one on!
Post a Comment