If you only have a venue or your photographer for a certain time, it certainly makes sense to cut the things that aren't top priority to you.
Or maybe the groom and his mom or you and your dad don't really get along or have much of a relationship. No need to be uncomfortable for tradition!
So let's discuss! Are you cutting some dances? Cutting the bouquet/garter toss to make more time for other things? Why or why not? Does it concern you what guests would think? Do you feel torn that you might regret cutting something? Let's talk!
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. - 1 John 3:21-22
Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook and carry the conversation there too!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






2 comments:
All of the weddings I've been a part of in the last two or so years have cut out at least one (but usually both) when it comes to the bouquet and garter tosses. I just don't think those traditions are that important to alot of today's couples.
I have seen a lot of weddings lately where the bouquet and garter toss have been left out. The bride would just give the bouquet to the oldest married couple in the room and the garter toss is just left out altoghet. I think it's ok to leave them out. As stated, no need to be uncomfortable for tradtition. I think it's all about you and what you want. Your guests have had their day, and they can enjoy yours. If not, that's just too bad.
Post a Comment