This is usually a pickle day where I would share how to get through or avoid wedding issues so I will do my best to address what I really want to address and tie it to your wedding planning journey.
I was actually writing a different post for today but I had to stop and change my mind. I decided I'd save that post for next week I suppose, or whenever I post it. But I had to post this post instead.
This is the time of year when we reflect on what we are thankful for (though I try to make a habit to be thankful of my blessings everyday) With that comes to the fact of how thankful I am for my blog. It has given me something to do, to be passionate about, to be inspired by and to connect with others who feel the same.
It still does get frustrating when I tell people I'm a wedding blogger and they look at me funny. "Why won't she get a real job?""What does she do all day?"
I really had to stop today when the words "writer's block" came out of my mouth today. I haven't experienced that in a long time (not since writing papers in college!) It gets really frustrating. I have a notebook with a bunch of topic ideas written down, but not formulated into posts! Why don't I just sit and write them out? I get so frustrated with myself sometimes when I sit and stare at the screen producing nothing. Turning to Pinterest to catch the 4 new pins that I didn't see 5 minutes ago.
Now, I come from a writing background, being an English major and former English teacher. So I know that writer's block is a natural part of the process of writing. It is something all writers must deal with. I am sure I experienced it before in this blog in the past but I never verbally said it out loud until now. Why is that?
You may have noticed that I am undergoing a slight focus change in the blog to make it more of a Christian Wedding blog rather than a Wedding blog with Christian in it. With a change in focus comes a change in priorities. Not only for this blog but also for my life. My husband will officially begin flight training next month so we will be entering a new phase in our lives. I won't see him as much as I have been the last 4 months. I am trying to figure out my life direction, trying to stay put and let God lead me. (Hard to do when I get so excited about ideas and projects!) I need to stop. I keep feeling like maybe I'm losing focus.
Maybe you feel like this with your wedding? You are passionate about it, it is going to be the biggest day of your life, you dreamed of it for so long, and you want it to be perfect. At the same time, you don't want to get overwhelmed by so many details and lose touch with what the wedding is really about. (Much like how I don't want to lose touch with why I started this blog) If that is you, then you and I are in quite similar places!
How do you balance your passion with perfection without losing yourself and losing sight of what incredible blessings the future holds?
I'll tell you what I'm gonna do to get out of this pickle! Maybe you can try the same. :-)
The Solution:
Escape - I'm going to take my comp and myself outside where there is no tv, no funny dog, and no hubby that I wanna keep blabbing my ideas to. See if that helps my productivity.
Start a Prayer Journal - Honestly, I feel overwhelmed sometimes, like knocking my head on the wall. I feel like all I do is pray, but to be truly honest, I'm probably becoming automatic with it. By writing prayers down and meditating on them, I might truly feel my connecting-with-God moment.
Quiet Time - I am so guilty of not doing this for myself. I always have my phone or my computer on me. I often feel alive when I run but even then my thoughts are filled with the music in my ears and convincing myself to keep going to finish the run. :-/ So, I think maybe instead I'll start taking my dog for walk. Watch the squirrels play. Do something that forces me to slow down. To pause.
Any of you feeling this way?
I feel so blessed for you, my readers, for being there as I work to re-focus this little space on the internet. Thank you











My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
I definitely know what you mean, Melina. I get those same questions whenever I tell people I'm a blogger, too, and I hate that I let them get into my head, myself. As for the writer's block, I think I'm coming upon the same problem. I'm moving to denver in two months, and with the holidays and some trips/vacations coming up, I've been finding it more and more difficult to focus on writing a post on centerpieces! I just keep hoping that I'll be able !
Post a Comment