Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Part Twelve looks at
1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2. confident expectation of something; hope.
3. a person on whom or thing on which one relies
How might we see this in our relationship and marriage?
- You know without a doubt that he isn't going to throw away your old high school t-shirt that you know he hates but that you love
- You know that he isn't going to go out with his buddies and do anything to jeopardize your relationship
- You can tell him your feelings in confidence and know that he won't blab it to anyone else. He is your best friend!
- You are going to marry him. Tell me that is not the ultimate act of trust when you take that leap to spend the rest of your life with him!
I actually remember when I started this blog I was too embarrassed to actually tell my husband that I had started a wedding blog because we were newlyweds and I worried that he would make fun of me for not being able to let go of the wedding bug or that he would think I was stupid for wasting so much time on something no one reads. I waited months for the blog to grow before telling him and would sneak in time to write posts so that he wouldn't know about my wedding obsession!
Anyway, how silly did I feel when he did find out (I left the tab of my blog open on my computer, lol) and he didn't make fun of me or make me feel stupid. He just told me that he was just okay with me doing whatever made me happy. I should have known that I could have trusted my feelings with him. To know that he is my best friend and if I can't confide in him with something as menial as starting a blog then I actually hinder the fact that I trust him. Now I know!
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love Always Trusts? Do share!
Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
So sweet, I love this post.
Post a Comment