We are taught as Christians to not worry and to let God take the reigns, but he isn't going to literally come and plan your wedding for you is He? Probably not, but I'll tell you what he will do and it is the next best thing believe me!
Quit trying to do it all yourself. Pray everyday for patience. Pray everyday that God works in the hearts of your naggy family members to realize when they are causing you undue stress. Pray that those people will instead become your go to for help instead of worry.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philipians 4:6-7
Put it in God's hands and let it go. You wanna give up on your wedding planning? Don't give up! Just give it to God!
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7
So what if your dress is going to come in a month before the wedding and you worry it may not get fitted in time? So what if your mom is stressing on how she will be able to pick up your aunt from the airport and still make it to the rehearsal? You don't need to worry. If in the end you married the one you love with your heart on God, it all came out as God planned!
The Prayer
God, my to do lists get longer, my phone keeps buzzing with people making me worry about things I can't control. Work in my heart, O Lord, to let it all go and let you bring peace to my heart. I know this time is a time I should enjoy. I need you to take over so that I can enjoy the blessing of Love you have given to me.
Find more on the Bride's Prayer Page!
Got a Bride's Prayer request? Leave a comment below or fill out the form!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment