I have this beautiful fall wedding for you today from Misty DeBlasio Photography. The colors and the lighting of the photos just make Fall that much more beautiful! The bride, Ashley, shared she and Timothy's story. They have been married for nearly a year so I am excited to be doing this as a way to honor their 1 year anniversary!
I met Timothy (TJ) when I was a senior in high school at a friend's house. A few weeks later it was the big football game against the 2 county teams and I decided to go, because he had already graduated he still wanted to watch them play again so I happened to run into him there by mistake. That night was the first time I kissed that boy, and believe it or not, I let him without giving him my number.
A month had passed by and he was the shy type to just ask anyone for my number so he thought he would be slick and bring up a conversation to find out where I worked, and at the time it was Wal-mart. So one day he decided to come in there to see if I was working and was "checking out" and asked if I was gonna go to a cookout a friend of mine was having that night. That was his way of being able to talk to me again, just coming to my place of work and pretending that he didn't even know I worked there until he got in line.
The next 5 years together was pretty history. When it came down to us getting engaged, he asked what I wanted out of a ring and my response was a Tacori, knowing that probably wasn't going to happen. :) Needless to say when I took a trip to Alaska he went and sat at the store for over 4 hours, he said, just to pick out the perfect diamond and setting. The way he proposed was he asked me if I wanted to go to town that day for lunch and shopping...like I was gonna turn up that offer. So we went downtown on May 22, 2010 for lunch and went and walked down riverstreet, and he was just being so sweet talking about how he thought getting married in one of the squares would be nice. So we walk past a few more shops and one happened to have wedding dresses and he responds to that dress, and to know this guy, he never says anything about dresses.
So finally he asks if I want to walk down by the water, so I'm thinking "Awww, he wants to be sweet," nope we walk down there and he says "Alright, ready to go shopping." So we leave and head to the mall and when we finish shopping we walked past a jewelry counter and he said he liked a certain men's wedding band, and of course what girl isn't gonna chime in and see if there is one in the store she likes too, because we had really never went and looked together, just showed in magazines what styles were liked. So I asked the lady to see one and all the sudden he says out loud "You don't need to try that on, the day will come when I'm ready for you to have one & I don't want them to think I'm capable of getting one right now, I have an idea on the kind you would want without you having to try it on."
By that point I was beyond mad, and even started to cry on the way home because my feelings were so hurt that he was so sweet all day and actually talked about wedding stuff, but when I went to say something a whole different personality came out. So we get back to the house and I just tell him I'm going to lay down (and he knows it was because I was mad because I slammed the door) Then I started to get more frustrated because he would normally come see what's wrong and 30 mins had passed by and he still hadn't come and talked to me. Finally my bedroom door opens and he drags me to the edge of the bed while he was on his knee and said "Don't blame me for making you wait all this time, blame the UPS truck for being late", he had ordered our 2 dogs (champ & piper) shirts that said will you marry my daddy on them. :)
We decided to get married Nov. 27th, 2010 because all the dates for the following spring seemed to conflict with everyones schedule, and picking that date I knew our families would be here for Thanksgiving so they could just extend their stay. :)
Needless to say my husband LOVES to watch some Georgia football and come to find out after I booked the venue, it was the GA vs GA Tech game the same day!! So we tried to schedule the time accordingly so the guys could get most the game in, even if it was from their phone, so each of them just kept updating each other while we would do pictures, or just waiting while getting dressed.
We wrote each other letters to read right before walking down the isle, mine read from him that night I came to find you I had a different feeling over me when I got back in my truck, Timothy Jordan was falling for a girl. He said you truly are the best thing I ever got from Walmart, so tell your daddy to walk fast I'm ready to see my bride.
Only really nerve racking thing we ran into was we couldnt find a date for a venue, limited businesses were open to do my things without charging me extra for it being a holiday weekend, and I missed my final fitting date and the lady at David's tried to tell me they were booked up the whole next week, so she didn't know what she could do..oh I made sure I talked with the manager because I wasn't leaving that store without trying on that dress.
In the end everything turned out perfect. No matter what bumps we ran in to, you normally always find a solution for them, no need to stress over it. It's been almost a year now, and it has flown by so fast but we have enjoyed every moment, and still enjoy looking at our pictures till this day. I've been truly blessed to find someone like him.
Photography: Misty DeBlasio Photography via Two Bright Lights
Floral Designer: Any Blooming Thing Flowers
Reception Venue: The Belle House
Be sure to Like Wedding Pickle on Facebook!
































My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment