Best of Real Weddings
First things first, you may be wondering where a Real Wedding feature was today. I still have 4 more interviews to feature for the Best of Real Weddings Series, however, this time of year is just crazy. While I wait for interviews to arrive in my inbox, I also want to wait until I also have the time to give those features the deserved attention they need. So instead I will delay the series to the start of next year. I figure it will be an awesome way to start the new year anyway right?
Fewer Submissions
On the note of Real Weddings, in the year I've been blogging, I have only had Real Engagements featured every other Saturday, and whenever I had time, I posted inspiration boards in the off weeks. For reasons I'll explain in a bit, I have decided to also do Real Weddings every other week as well. I'll be more selective in what is featured because of this but it is to make room for other things I want to do and also for the reason I'll explain next.
Simplicity and Purpose
This is the part where I feel a bit scared to share, but if I am not transparent, how can I really connect with you, my dear readers? The truth is I have been feeling like I have lost my sense of direction and purpose in life and I worry that my blog might be reflecting that (my lack of consistent posting is an example and my absence in social media) :-/ I'm that girl with a degree, no kids and no job still trying to get where it is I need to go. I am doing what I like to do. I love weddings, I love to write and I love connecting with people from all over the place! I love gawking at beautiful photography and I love being inspired by the many other bloggers out there. I love being my husband's wife and a mother to my crazy pug and I love the real life opportunities I have had via internships. Really it is the direction and purpose I'm trying to find. I keep doing things, but feel like I have yet to be anywhere close to where I should be in relation to what God has planned for me. Where I should be growing, I feel like I am keeping it stagnant.
I've been doing a lot of praying, thinking, journaling, daydreaming, talking, reading etc. to find guidance and I feel like my problem is wanting to do it all when I simply cannot. I get myself caught up in to-do lists instead of looking at the "why" of the thing I am doing. When it comes to life, we cannot just go through the motions. It is so easy to make something that has purpose and passion become just another routine. (This is why time with God is so important)
I have come to this conclusion. That I need to get back to basics. Only do what I can handle instead of trying to do it all. Only do what I can at any given moment and give my best. I just don't want to burden myself over a missed post by publishing one just because I have to. Quality over quantity right?
It isn't about lining up real weddings to feature, having more followers on Twitter, or obsessing over getting comments. (All nice things to have though! lol) It is about putting the content out there from the heart. It is about connecting with even just one person that I never even know stopped by. If even one person was impacted by that one post that they were needing to read in that point of their lives, then writing for the blog is always worth it! God uses us for reaching out to others sometimes when we never even know it. For that, I will continue writing.
I feel like I have so much to say to explain myself, but I'm just going to stop right here in hopes that you take me as I am in a positive way. :-) I'm not even sure I am saying what I want to say in the right way since my husband s rushing me to finish this post so that we can watch our movie!
New Schedule
I want to inspire brides who find my blog with a post that gave them an idea or an "ah-ha!" moment. Most importantly I hope to inspire brides to bring more focus on Christ in their marriages.
I want to have more emphasis on Sunday Scripture, Marriage Monday, and Bride's Prayer. There will be Real Weddings and Real Engagement features every other week with Moments Inspiration Boards in the off weeks. I'd like to bring in DIYs when I have the chance to do them. All I'm looking to do is have a rotation of posts that fit into my life instead of being a task that is in addition to my life. You will also see more of me since I want to give this blog a sense of uniqueness, and what is more unique than me!
This week I'll continue featuring the Best of Wedding Pickle Post Features from my archives to end the year out. Then final week of the year will be an off week. I plan to just feature a pretty thing each day featuring my favorite things about weddings and why I'm forever obsessed! I just to have something pretty for you to look at while I am gone for the holiday break. Then when the new year begins, I will be back in full force!
Much love and many blessings to you all! Thanks for reading this if you did (long I know!) and thanks for being so supportive!
xo ~ Melina












My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
Hi Melina, your post is appreciated. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the new year. Take time for your family and for the work you do for God, those are things that are the most important. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment