We went to college together at Christopher Newport in Newport News VA...we met in 2007 when I was a sophomore and he a senior. He was the star actor in the theater program and of course I was nursing a huge crush...well he had heard of me too as I was dating a freshman in the theater program at the time.
One day he just came up and introduced himself to me out of the blue, which I found out later was very unusual for him. Well that whole semester he tried to get me to break up with my boyfriend and date him but I always thought he was joking!
After he graduated I moved to Florida for a semester to work at Walt Disney World where I currently work....he came to visit me with his family and that's the last time I saw him until this past December (2010). He kept in great touch with me all these years, we were both in various relationships throughout. He contacted me about a year ago saying he was going to Disney with his family in December and he had to see me! Well months go by and he kept reminding me that we were going to see each other haha after 3 years!
Well I went on an impromptu trip to NYC and wound up at my best friend's apt (also in theater with Jordan during college) and happened to text him...he tracked me down there, we talked the whole time, spent the next week together and then spent Christmas together in Virginia.
I went for New Years to NYC (where he lives and I am moving) and the day I left he bought a ring! He asked my parents several weeks later and came to Disney Feb. 4 and took me to Magic Kingdom! He proposed right in front of the castle :)
I love this story because you just can't keep real love apart! And don't you agree with me that this couple is so photogenic? I love a good, real life, love story because it reminds us of the beauty in this world. Go hug your honey!
Photography by Katelyn James
Submitted via Two Bright Lights












My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment