Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Part Two looks at
What does it mean to be kind? It is defined by dictionary.com as this:
–adjective
2. having, showing, or proceeding from benevolence: kind words.
3. indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often followed by to ): to be kind to animals.
How might we see this in our relationship and marriage?
- Please and thank-you
- Saying "I love you" often
- Giving complements
- Making an extra cup of coffee without the other asking
- Not bringing up an issue that can wait when your spouse has had a bad day
My Example Story:
My husband is in training for the Marines right now and sometimes he has to be at work at 6am or even 4am. Then he would have days longer than 10 hours. Because he is a brown bagger, as they call the married guys who commute from off base, he has more trouble getting a parking spot in the morning. Thus he would lose about 15 minutes to find parking, and walk to his barracks. These guys don't get much sleep so 15 extra minutes of sleep is gold. Since I don't work, I get up with him, make him coffee and breakfast then take him to work, dropping him off right at the door. I don't do it to get anything in return, or to get wife of the year, I just do it out of kindness. (A lot of wives do this too, as I drive past them after dropping my husband off, I feel good to see others acting out of kindness to their man!)
Do you want to share an example story? Email me at weddingpickle@gmail.com with a story you have for any of the other phrases from 1 Corinthians that I will be featuring in the future, or feel free to comment with any of your stories as each post in the series publishes. Next Sunday we will look at Love not having Envy.
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love is Kind? Do share!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
I love this series! Such a sweet idea!
Post a Comment