Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Part Three looks at
What does it mean to envy? It is defined by dictionary.com as this:
| 1. | a feeling of grudging or somewhat admiring discontent aroused by the possessions, achievements, or qualities of another |
| 2. | the desire to have for oneself something possessed by another; covetousness |
| 3. | an object of envy |
How might we see this in our relationship and marriage?
- Wishing you were the one getting that award and being celebrated
- Wanting all the friends your partner has
- Jealous of your partner maybe being more fit than you
- Jealous that your partner makes more money than you
My Example Story:
There actually is a time when I was jealous of my husband. We've been together for over 6 years so in that time we have been through a few cars. My parents got me a cheap car. The first car I ever got that was worth over 10k was one I didn't get until I was out of college and working on my own. I was so excited! But that's not to say I wasn't jealous of what my husband, then boyfriend, got. His family has more money so when my husband graduated high school, his dad got him a nice 20k sports car! I was so jealous because it was so nice!
Thank goodness though because when he wrecked that car it was because of that car's roll cage that we survived! We would have been pancaked had we been in my car.
However, since it was his careless fault, I thought for sure his car replacement wouldn't be as nice. Nope. His dad just gave him his hot, sleek, luxurious, leather seats with warmers, Yukon Denali! What! I couldn't believe it! He was rewarded for wrecking! I was super jealous.
That is until we got married and now my name is on the title of that car. Yes, the nicest car I will ever own. I'm not jealous now lol. (I love my little car more anyway because I earned it on my own!)
![]() |
| Pardon the snow storm from Oklahoma last Spring! It's the only pic I have of our two cars. My little Caliber and his Denali. Hmm, why is it that I miss the snow now looking at this? |
Do you want to share an example story? Email me at weddingpickle@gmail.com with a story you have for any of the other phrases from 1 Corinthians that I will be featuring in the future, or feel free to comment with any of your stories as each post in the series publishes.
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love does not Envy? Do share!










My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment