Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Part Four looks at
What does it mean to not boast? It is defined by dictionary.com as this: 1. to speak in exaggerated or excessively proud terms of one's possessions, skills, or superior qualities; brag
2. to possess (something to be proud of)
How might we see this in our relationship and marriage?
- Always talking about how you have the most of something
- Saying an item of yours is better than his
- "I look better than you"
- Bragging about having success in something
My Example Story:
I don't think of my husband being boastful in nature at all. He is very reserved in his accomplishments to others and even in this example story I don't think he meant to brag but to rather impress me. However, I always accused him of boasting. Here is what I'm talking about. I'm always on a roller coaster with my weight, I'm up, I'm down, my clothes get loose, my clothes get tight. And to lose weight as we all know as women takes such a long time.
Then here comes the man, drops 20 pounds like that. At one point my husband not only lost weight but started to get shapely muscles. Yes we all love a fit man. However, when he'd come home from his workout he'd take his shirt off and flex for me. To impress me, yes, but then he'd have to look at a reflection! Lol! This always cracked me up and I would tell him, "See, now you are just showing off, way to make me feel bad about myself!" Lucky for me, he always tells me how pretty I am so I don't feel too bad, lol.
My story is humorous but sometimes even a little light-hearted boasting can add up and put a wedge in a relationship if done excessively and/or maliciously. Always be conscious if your boasting is for fun or if it possibly can be putting your partner down little by little.
Do you want to share an example story? Email me at weddingpickle@gmail.com with a story you have for any of the other phrases from 1 Corinthians that I will be featuring in the future, or feel free to comment with any of your stories as each post in the series publishes.
Do you have any examples or stories to share today for how Love does not Boast? Do share!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment